We are happy to announce the immediate availability of BEdita 3.6.0 corylus*.
The 3.6 series replaces 3.5 introducing a bunch of new features, solving security issues and bugs. All users are encouraged to upgrade to this last stable version.
Main changes are:
- introduced support for RESTful API in frontend app. Now you can setup your frontend to respond as a REST API server in no time.
- frontends use “hreflang” attribute in
<link>HTML header tag to mark available translations and use different urls for content translations
- introduced a powerful dynamic callbacks system #470
- improved the shell script (
./cake.sh data help) to export/import complex data following a data transfer serialized format (json and xml supported). UI to port export/import functionality in backend is work in progress. Some parts are already released but are to consider as an alpha and incomplete version.
- fix some XSS security issues. Many thanks to Sebastien Morin to report it!
- redesigned exceptions and errors handling #570
- added memcache support for object cache #720
- new and improved detail page for Publication and Section in Publication module #504
- added the ability to update backend, frontends and modules versioned under git or svn from Admin module #485
- new addons structure #717
- added id/nickname direct lookup #611
- Audio and Video are now embedded using HTML5 video player video.js
- Image thumbnails now support quality and interlace property via
As usual all changes are listed in the changelog
A revamped website is now up and running! It has a more modern and polished design that apply responsive techniques so it is available from any device.
Explore and follow BEdita also on:
(*) “corylus” is a genus of deciduous trees and large shrubs native to the temperate Northern Hemisphere.