A Christmas present!
We released today a preview and unstable version of BEdita:
3.2 alpha (code name populus*) is now offically available.
This is the first development release of the new 3.2 series and it introduces many new features and improvements, regarding both the User Interface and the undergoing engine.
Here's a brief list of the most notable changes:
- a new wizard installer that eventually simplifies the install and configuration of a new BEdita instance;
- the Admin module contains now a configuration utility that permits a visual edit of the most used BEdita configuration directives;
- this version features a new User module to manage users and groups (also the new default group "manager" has been added)
- Publication module has been revisited, all ajax behaviors were removed in order to make it similar to other modules;
- navigation interface has been revisited;
- routing rules in frontend applications have been improved;
- all editable configuration parameters have been joined in one cfg file (bedita.cfg.php)
- CakePHP was updated to version 1.3.x
- Smarty template engine was updated to 3.1.x series
Explore and follow BEdita also on:
- forum.bedita.com - official discussion forum
- sourceforge.net/projects/bedita - SF project page (also on Freshmeat, Ohloh, Facebook, Twitter)
(*) “populus” : [ pronounce \ˈpä-pyə-ləs\ ], aka poplar, is a genus of 25–35 species of deciduous flowering plants in the family Salicaceae, native to most of the Northern Hemisphere..