3.2 (code name populus*) is now officially available under GNU LGPL.
We release today the first official stable version of BEdita 3.2 Populus.
This is the first release of the new 3.2 series which introduces many new features and improvements, both on User Interface and the undergoing engine.
Here's a brief list of the most notable changes:
- BEdita now is released under a single open source licence, GNU Lesser General Public License;
- a new wizard installer that eventually simplifies first install and configuration;
- the Admin module now features a configuration utility for the most used BEdita configuration directives;
- also featuring a new User module to manage users and groups (the new default group "manager" has been added);
- default editor TinyMCE has been substituted with CKEditor 4.
- Publication module has been revisited;
- User interface has new elements, and the dashboard has a new design;
- routing rules in frontend applications have been improved;
- all editable configuration parameters are joined in one single file (bedita.cfg.php);
- many new features for frontend developer, i.e. a new thumbnail generator library.
- Underlying MVC framework CakePHP was updated from 1.2 to 1.3;
- Smarty template engine in BEdita Populus has been updated to 3.1.x series.
Check out BEdita on Github for more informations.
All changes in the changelog.
Important: have a look at the install guide. If you are upgrading from 3.1 series, please have a look at the upgrade guide.
Explore and follow BEdita also on:
(*) “populus” : [ pronounce \ˈpä-pyə-ləs\ ], aka poplar, is a genus of 25–35 species of deciduous flowering plants in the family Salicaceae, native to most of the Northern Hemisphere..