Command line tools are an important (and not well known) part of the BEdita framework.
There are many commands available to accomplish many tasks:
- export or import a complete instance
- send notification mails or newsletter
- create a new BEdita instance
- check instance status
- remove cache and compiled templates
How do I use them?
There is a simple shell/batch script (cake.sh for Linux/Max/Unix cake.bat for Windows) to launch those tasks.
Point to the root BEdita directory with the command line where you have bedita-app, bedita-db, cake, vendors directories.
Under Linux or MacOSX (or other UNIX-like systems) type:
./cake.sh bedita help
cake.bat bedita help
Now you can play with this script and discover what services it provides.
To name a few (without cake.sh/bat):
bedita cleanup- cache and compiled templates cleanup
bedita export/import- exports or imports a complete BEdita instance
bedita modules- adds/removes instance modules
bedita checkApp- checks application status, missing config files, db connections, checks main URLs, paths and permissions on filesystem
Besides the main script (bedita) there are other BEdita shell tools available:
- dbadmin: some methods to check/fix some db data, some to insert test objects
- gettext: parses views/php files, extracts i18n entries and updates .po files (gettext format)
- mail: sends notification mail and newsletters
- migrate: data migration scripts from previous BEdita versions
- newsletter: some newsletter related tools (data import)